Saturday, May 9, 2009

Man, I Love Finding Random Stuff.....




.... especially at 2am when I'm trying pack the contents  of my life so I can get a break from campus for a month or so. ;)

This, however, was just one of those random gems on Vh1 Classic that was just too good not to share.

The name of the song is "God Blessed Video" by the 80's hair metal band, Alcatrazz.  Apparently -- it originally came out in 1985 (hmmm.....makes sense ;).

Look, I'm not trying to completely hate on Alcatrazz. Although I have never previously heard of them prior to stumbling over tonight....they can't be all that bad (Steve Vai apparently used to shred his axe with them back in the day)

However -- I don't know if it's just me (or the late-ish hour of this particular post ;) but this video looks more like something that would have been directed by Jonathan Demme for The Talking Heads and not.......um.....Alcatrazz.

Even better -- It looks like something that maybe  I would direct .....that is if I were making quirky music videos in the 1980's instead of quirky illustrations in the '00's ;)

Bottom line: The aesthetic is very quirky and weird -- but I love quirky and weird so I actually kinda dig it (even if it's a bad 80's video).

What do you want from me?  Sometimes it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. *shrugs* ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment