Friday, May 1, 2009

"Wino (The Party's Over)" ......and some PURPLE stuff ;)




Finally finished my latest and (due to final exams next week) last personal illustration for a while.

As I finish up a semester that can only be best described in one word as being "INSANE" (which is now being gloriously capped off by ridiculous allergy attacks and last-minute family dramatics),  I have have gotten some creative relief by continuing this weird  (and oftentimes - morbid) series of illustrations .  Dark as it is, Im really loving this series. I'm excited to dive full blast back into it during the summer, so stay tuned for some new content in the same visual vein as what you see above (click image for larger version). 

 I'm  excited about starting on some new and totally different digital projects as the summer gets underway. I'm also itching to pick up a paint brush for the first time in literally years and work on a few pop art-type paintings.....so stay tuned for that as well. :)

In other randomness,  I recently got the  sudden  urge to dust off and re-visit my much beloved copy of the funky Prince driven flick, "Under the Cherry Moon".   It's one of my favorite movies (and certainly a favorite one to escape into when Im feeling as frazzled as I do currently) so I'm sure that it will come up again on this blog.  

I also dig Prince - like - A LOT! (more on that later, kids ;)

In the meantime, check out one of my favorite moments from "UTCM" as well as the live video for "Anotherloverholeinyohead" (a favorite track of mine from the "UTCM/Parade" album:).   

Ah yes.....just a few of many reasons why Prince just straight up rocks my funky little world 24/7. ;)

Take care folks -- and I'll see you all on the other side of final exams!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment