Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Places to Check Out My Portfolio!

As if there weren't already enough places for potential employers (or the general public, of course) to find my work online, here are a few more locales / links to whet your appetite:





and (as always) -



How's that for being thorough, eh? ;)



I am also going to take this opportunity to spotlight several of my fellow creatives that greatly deserve much more attention to be paid to all of their amazing work:



First off is my girl, Ciara Pickering, over at "Little Me Design".  She has recently gotten to check out the much talked about exhibit, The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion (which runs until August 9th, 2009 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York).  Currently, she has an incredibly compelling account of her experience within the exhibit up on "Little Me Design" (which you can read HERE  ;).  It's a fantastic write-up of an amazing artistic /sensory experience that couldn't have involved a more fantastic fashionista. Go check that out now! 



Next up is the fantastic illustrator/graphic designer, Angela Lauren.  Currently hailing from Los Angeles, her website can be located HERE.  I assure you , it will not disappoint.  With nine years of experience working with top clients such as Sketchers, Universal Music Group Publishing and Disney,  Angela's portfolio is full of fresh, raw, and edgy art.  Her  use of color and texture in her work are gripping and her layouts are all, of course, spot on.  Definitely a must see!



Finally we head down under to check out Australian illustrator, Eamo Donnelly.  It doesn't take long after clicking into his website (which  is over HERE ;) to figure out how completely amazing this bloke is. He has done many gorgeous full page spreads for Blender magazine; as well as other incredible work for ESPN magazine and Mountain Dew soda.  The detail of his work is simply astounding and (for obvious reasons) I am also greatly attracted to his highly expressive illustrations of popular musicians.  There is also plenty of Aussie pride exhibited in his work (which oftentimes utilizes a very warm/tropical color pallet that is classic Australia.) With a soundtrack of native Aussie birds and critters in the background (which , by the way, has me greatly yearning to return back to Australia myself at some point) , I could certainly get happily lost with his work for a good long while.  My only hope is that someday I will be churning out work that is half this amazing at some point in my career.  Truly an incredible body of work!




Well -- that's it for now. I think that it's time for me to grab a good  book and take advantage of some beautiful sunshine! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment