Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sign O' the Times....

(Above: My old "Prince Graffiti" illustration and "Prince Mural")

Despite all of the musicians that I have written about at length since I launched this blog three months ago, Prince (who turns 51 today) has been sadly overlooked.

Most people who know me personally would probably find this incredibly surprising. This is  especially surprising given the fact that I know the majority of the man's musical catalog forwards and backwards and own just about every single movie that he was ever in (among other things ;).

Yes -- as far as I'm concerned, Prince is a little mad guitar toting  powerhouse in 4 inch heels. What's not to like? ;)

In any case, Prince definitely does not celebrate his own birthday (and hasn't since he became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001).  However, while I respect his choice not to celebrate, that  is not going to stop me from marking the day of his birth by looking back on a few of my favorite purple clips.  All of the following are from the 1987 concert film, "Sign O' the TImes" ;)


"Sign O' the Times"





"If I Was Your Girlfriend" 




"Hot Thing" 




"Housequake"



No comments:

Post a Comment