Thursday, November 26, 2009

Counting My Blessings....


As I close in on graduating college during a massive economic crisis, I would be lying if I said that this year hasn't been quite a challenging one for me (as well as millions of other Americians). However, despite this having been one of the most emotionally trying semesters of my college career, I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Above all else, I am thankful to have a roof over my head and to have some the most genuine, creative and beautiful (inside and out) people in my life. I am fortunate enough to have a motley crew of fabulous friends (who also double as my surrogate family for the most part). They love me, put up with me and keep me from thinking too highly of myself. ;)

I love them all madly. <3

I also have two wonderful parents who love me (despite the fact that I turned out to be a nutty artist ;).

Here are some other things that I am thankful for:

- My Macbook Pro / child
- Adobe CS4 (in particular -- Illustrator, Photoshop and
After Effects ;)
- Twitter
- Prince, Peter Gabriel, The Who, and Mathieu Chedid
-Hagen Das Coffee ice cream
-"Just My Size" clothing (for keeping me truly "fluffy n' fabulous" ;)
- My infamous rainbow converse
- Hot tea with cream and sugar
- Memories of seeing Sydney Australia from an airplane
- Funky music
- My own tendency to pursue the ambitious,
innovative and eclectic in my art
- Chris Milk, Mark Romanek, Spike Jonze and any
other music video director who inspires me with their craft).
- A certain foxy, ginger-haired angel :)
- Fake eyelashes (the longer, the better )
- Jaco Pastorious with the lights turned down
- L'Oreal Feria Hair color in Ruby Rush
- Conan O'brien and his fabulous hair
- My little blue ipod nano / window to my soul
- Ruby red lipstick
- 'House MD'
- Being able to dig my way out of a depressed funk
- Having my creative fire back

And last but not least....

I'm thankful for each and every one of you guys who read "Out the Other Side". Being the author of this blog has given me an amazing opportunity to network with so many incredibly talented, creative, and insanely wonderful people. I am happy to give you guys a little piece of me with every post that I write and I am incredibly thankful for all of the positive response and all of the kind comments that you all send me. You are all a wonderful audience for my madness and I look forward to continuing to bring you entertaining and thoughtful content for a very long time to come. :)

Thank you all for all of your support and once agan, have a fantastic Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment