Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


So this is incredibly belated, but about a month ago "Out the Other Side" was graciously awarded it's first blog award!

I honestly feel horrible that it has taken me so long to acknowledge this but think it's safe to say that other commitments have distracted me from properly mentioning my "Kreative Blogger Award".

To that end, I must send a big shout out and sincere thank you to my fabulous fashionista friend and fellow creative, Ciara. She is the beauty, brains and brilliance behind StyleFuss (which you should totally check out ASAP). She is also the wonderful lady who gave me this award. I cannot thank her enough for giving me this recognition and for just being an incredible friend in general. It makes me feel pretty good to think that maybe I'm doing something half way right over here! :)

Here's how the award works :
1. Tell 7 things that you don't already know about me

2. Name 7 other blogs to receive this award

3. Leave a comment on each of the blogs I nominated

4. Thank the person who gave you the award

Things you may (or may not) know about me: Christy of "Out the Other Side"


1. I've always been a little...um....different. ;)


2. I am the proud owner of naturally curly/frizzy hair that occasionally has a mind/zip code of it's own.


3. I secretly want to be a jazz singer/rock star who happens to design stuff. I used to sing a lot at talent shows, bad karaoke nights and college open mic nights. However, I gave it up after it was brought to my attention that I'm probably a better artist than I am a singer. I still sing when no one's looking, though ;)

Here's a video of me randomly belting out Gershwin's "The Man I Love". :)



4. I studied abroad in Australia a couple of years ago. I lived there for six months and it was one of the most amazing and life changing experiences of my life. I would love to go back there for a longer engagement some day. :)

Here is my favorite of all of the many pictures I shot of the famous Sydney Opera House:


5. My mom is one of the most genuinely sweet people that you could ever meet (and it's beyond me how she puts up with/loves me despite how I turned out to be such a little monster in comparison ;).

My dad, on the other hand, is a big goofball just like his daughter. :)

6. Once upon a time, I met a man named Henry. Meeting Henry Rollins (Black Flag / Rollins Band) was seriously one of the coolest moments of my life. I gave him a copy of a poster that I made for him (see photo) and he even signed a copy for me. VERY COOL! :)


7. Miss. Amber of Ezriah Designs is my creative soul sister , my best friend and pretty much one of the few people who can decode the craziness that comes out of my mouth. ;)
I adore her, admire her and I miss her like you wouldn't believe! <3



....and there you have it! You now know entirely too much about me. :)

I would like to award "The Kreativ Blogger Award" to the following bloggers:

Damion over at "Damion' Artwork"
Lauren at "Nymphont"

(I know -- that's more than 7 blogs. However, I it's hard for me to pick just seven when there are so many amazing and exciting bloggers out there...so there. :)

I hope that everybody has a wonderful (and safe) Thanksgiving and thank you again, Miss. Ciara! ;)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, Dominic! I'm really diggin' your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the awesomeness!!!! I am happy for you... and I love your singing voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....thank you much, Damion. I really do appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like the badge way better than the one I got! May be stealing that... Much love, lady! ... and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks yo for the award, you totally rock :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.....thank you so much Lauren! You're pretty fantastic yourself! :)

    Also -- thank you for the plug! That is just too cool of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award, Christy!

    You have a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...thank you very much, Chris! I really love your blog as well. I am a huge admirer of your work and it's my pleasure to give you the award:)

    ReplyDelete