Monday, January 25, 2010

Christy's {Not Quite Infinite} Birthday Playlist!

Between you and me -- if you take into consideration that I'm 800 years old today, I think that I look pretty damn good ;) :


So (as the blog title implies), today is my birthday. For once, I actually don't have a whole lot to say about that. This year marks the first in a while that I didn't exactly make any definitive "party plans" (not that I do much partying anyway). This may sound kinda sad but lately I've been so stressed out over school-related things, future-related things and a little depressed about my upcoming b-day that I was debating doing anything remotely celebratory at all.

However, since I happen to be blessed with some of the most amazng friends on the planet, I will be having a small, intimate b-day dinner this evening with a few of my favorite people. Specifically, my friend Michelle is the main mastermind behind all this.

I cannot thank that girl enough for being sweet enough to pull together some of the usual suspects and lovelies just so I wouldn't wind up being a hermit on my own birthday. I also cannot thank all of my friends in general for being consistently amazing (and putting up with me even when I'm sick of me...haha ;).

Yes -- it takes very special, wonderful friends to deal with this much Christy. ;)

All in all, I am blessed to be able to call some of the most genuinely cool, amazing, and talented people my friends. It sounds ho-key, but an evening spent with some of my favorites is pretty much all the birthday gift that I really need. I love my friends very much and it will be very cool to chill and hang out with them this evening. I can't wait! ;)

Okay - with that said, I have been trying to figure out what would be a good way to celebrate my b-day here on "Out the Other Side". In the end, I figured what better way to celebrate than with music! Music is such a big part of my life so why not celebrate with a few of the tunes that are making me move right now?

Without further ado, here is a (relatively random) selection of the tracks that will be on serious rotation on this birthday girl's ipod today;)



Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopez -- "The Block Party"



Matthieu Chedid ('M') -- "Machistador"





Femi Kuti -- "Beng Beng Beng"





Spoon -- "Written in Reverse"





The Ting Tings -- "That's Not My Name"





White Rabbits -- "Percussion Gun"






The Talking Heads -- "A Clean Break (Lets Work)"










Elbow -- "Grounds for Divorce"





The Grouch -- Artsty







Passion Pit -- "Sleepyhead"





Michael Jackson -- "Mega Remix"






Prince -- "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker"







Ironically, that Prince performance is one of the few things that I can actually cut Jay Leno some slack for. However, I'm still rollin' with 'Team CoCo'. ;)





3 comments: