Tuesday, March 23, 2010

42nd Annual Juried Student Art Show


Wow. This past month has seriously been all sorts of crazy!

Between applying for summer internships, planning a major move, padding out/fine tuning my portfolio and dealing with excessively strange weather "mood swings" here in the southeast, things have certainly been eventful for yours truly.

Hopefully, that at least partly explains my sporadic posting here on "Out the Other Side" as of late. ;)

In any case -- a call for entries went up for Western Carolina University's 42nd Annual Student art show this week so I decided to submit a chunk of my newer digital pieces.

Among the stack of things that I submitted were several illustrations including Takin' out the Trash (see above). I also submitted my Breathe & Bleed and Buggin' motion pieces (see below).

The judges are currently picking pieces to officially be displayed in the show and honestly, I pretty much have no real expectations in terms of weather or not any of my work will actually make the cut. Experience tells me that this is probably the most healthy attitude to have about the whole thing. We'll just have to see what happens.

Wish me luck and I'll post an update {when time permits} when/if anything actually makes the cut. ;)

In the meantime, here are all of my art show submissions:

Buggin'




Breathe and Bleed





Mother of Violence




















Self-Medication Gone Wrong




















The Sharkbait Tango














Life Drawing



















CoCo and the Chin in Late Night Hell
























No comments:

Post a Comment